Friday, November 2, 2012

All You Can Eat

After a tremendous week of training, one deserves to eat whatever food she likes, right? And I did just that! Aileen and I treated ourselves to a well deserved dinner and desserts after having a week long of accomplishing yoga. We felt the need to merit ourselves after doing well with our yoga classes and the best reward that a person wants is food. I know, I know. You might say that binge eating is contrary to our purpose of practising yoga but doing it once won't really hurt, right? Just so you know, a person cannot eat for at least two hours before starting yoga. So most of the time, Aileen and I come to our yoga classes with hungry stomachs and mind you, we keep on thinking of food while having yoga. But to our surprise, we do not get hungry after class. As for me, I only start starving after about four hours from the time that I have ended my yoga session. It is weird, isn't it? Anyway, it was Aileen who brought up the idea of eating after finishing a week of yoga. It was mainly because we don't have the time to bond over food after every class. We head directly to our work during the morning and as for the evening, we immediately go home. I believe that I have already given you enough explanation (or maybe excuses. Hahaha!) as to why we are pigging out!

So after seven days of working hard, we headed to Barcino in Greenbelt for a light dinner. It was Aileen who chose the restaurant because she hasn't eaten there. We only ordered appetizers as we plan on "focusing" with desserts. Here are some of the photos of the appetizers:

Chorizo Picantes Frito


Croquetas Pollo y Jamon


Patatas Bravas


As you can see, we have only ordered three sets of appetizers. Nonetheless, they were all delicious! Most especially my personal favorite, patatas bravas! Aileen and I thought that we can finish all of these three but unfortunately, we did not. See how "full" we are despite not eating hours before yoga? It is really true, then. A person gets to lose weight by practising yoga! And that is through doing the postures and not being hungry after class. There are still some leftover (on Aileen's part) but we decided not to finish it to make room for desserts.

After Barcino, we went straight to Kai (located in Greenbelt also) for some desserts. Kai is actually a Japanese restaurant which offers a good set of food (we have yet to try that foie gras!). It is not the kind of place with a Japanese architecture in it because it definitely looks like an English restaurant. The place is perfect for couples who want to spend a date as it looks very romantic. Anyway, instead of ordering the usual sushi and meat, we opted for desserts.

Banana Nutella Harumaki ( 200)


Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar ( 130)


Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake (₱ 240)
They look delicious, right? Well, you won't be disappointed with what you are seeing because they taste incredulously ambrosial. I even have to take out a peanut butter chocolate bar!. I do not eat green tea ice cream but this one's an exemption. I knew that I need to have a taste of it and I am glad that I did! One thing is for sure, I am definitely coming back to both Barcino and Kai to get another taste of my favorite food!

9 comments:

  1. Found you through Blogholic. Following you now, please follow me back! http://thesweetspotblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannah! Thanks for joining Nice to Meet You {GFC Blog Hop}! Hope to see you linking up your blog again next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I am your new follower please follow me back

    http://burcinkuran-wonderlust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Corinna, Mariely, and Burcin! I have already followed your blogs! Thank you for following me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos look delicious! Saw your post on blogaholic, I love any blog that posts about food :) I'm following you now on GFC, I look forward to your future posts! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I already followed you back! And may I just say, I love every post that you make! :)

      Delete
  6. New follower..!
    Follow back @ http://readingwithanacrasia.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! That croqueta is looking good... :) By the way, following you dear :) Let me know if you're interested in following back! ;)

    www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com
    www.davaofoodguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abigail! I have already followed your fashion blog. I hope that you could follow this blog of mine, too. Thank you! :)

      Delete